Replacement of flood damaged timber gym floor
- Large specialist gym apparatus to be removed, set aside and sat on floor
- Store on site, move around as unable to move out of the room
- Works had to be co-ordinated to start and finish within tight timescale (Easter holidays)
- Removal of approximately 150m² floor, DPM, latex, then lay new and refit apparatus
- Weekend work required to accommodate tight programme
- Located in central position within large school making accessibility and logistics a challenge
Following a flood to several rooms within this large recently developed school, we were asked to replace the school gym timber sports floor after excellent feedback following the replacement of their 700m² main sports floor. Works had to be tightly planned to start and finish within the Easter holidays as they needed the room for term time.
The specialist gym apparatus had to be carefully removed and stored on site to enable the uplift of the whole floor. We then had to DPM and latex the floor with the equipment in the room and then lay the new batten and floor system. Finally the apparatus was refitted and the project successfully handed over on the last day of half term.