Construction of a new build 3 storey 6th Form Study Centre and library and associated works.
- E G Carter & Co Ltd was awarded the project at Pate’s Grammar School through a single stage competitive tender.
- The project consisted of 5 phases, which were run in an overlapping programme. The works ranged from the refurbishment of an existing 6th Form Centre to create a new performance space, to the new build construction of a 3 storey 6th Form Study Centre and library.
- The largest section of the scheme was the new 6th Form Centre and Library, which was constructed at the main entrance of the school and took a great deal of logistical planning to manage safely, the new structure also abutted an existing building, therefore managing noise, vibration and disruption was key to making sure the school could operate as normal.
- The superstructure constituted streel frame, masonry and lightweight steel. External cladding consisted of a multitude of materials including metal seam cladding, man-made natural stone effect panels and glazed curtain walling.
- Biometric access control system.
- Over 90% of all construction waste was recycled.
- This was a Building Safety Group award winning scheme for Health & Safety, in the category of Outstanding Health and Safety in Planning and Design.