Refurbishment of teaching areas, teaching workshops, office areas, canteen, library, relocation of main reception and offices, new build construction of teaching area
- Phased over a 26-month period, in order for specific parts of the college to be refurbished whist still in operation.
- The project required complete refurbishment to Block D (an existing three storey teaching block), the complete refurbishment of Block B (an existing teaching area, office space and three workshop teaching areas, the complete refurbishment of the College's refectory and library areas as well as adjacent office and reaching areas and the construction of a new building for students with learning disabilities, as well as associated external landscaping works.
- Asbestos removal and demolition works were carried out with the highest standards of safety considering the ‘live’ working environment.
- We worked from a construction masterplan and detailed programme to safely deliver each phase to suit the curriculum needs.
- Informal weekly meetings were held between the site teams and the college representatives to minimise any disruption and to enable client satisfaction.
- Such was success from the project, a further two phases were negotiated during the currency of the works.
- This project was completed safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.