E G Carter & Co Ltd currently source 35% of our residential business stream through land led development where the company introduce land and build packages to our construction partners.
Our Strategic Land Manager – Paul Gardiner is responsible for sourcing off-market development opportunities, procuring design services and liaising with our commercial team to provide an all-encompassing land and build bid package which we present to our framework partners.
We utilise a long-established network of land agents and land finders who are fully aware of our reputation of being able to close on land deals through our pragmatic and sensible approach to development.
The investment in our land-finding capability is testament to our long-standing commitment to our framework partners to provide the most comprehensive construction and development services throughout the South and South West by:
- Directly employing our Development Managers to source and develop opportunities on behalf of our partners.
- Providing proactive development teams to provide budgetary information to inform and drive our development potential.
- Proactive management of risk concentrating on key areas such as planning, ground conditions, statutory services and drainage.
- Utilise value and opportunity engineering from the very onset of a project so that the most appropriate development solution is sourced every time.
- The use of interactive software to provide standard development appraisals that are auditable and provide real-time cost and risk profile information.
The company has a substantial track record in sourcing off-market development opportunities that provide a one-stop construction service which delivers both service and value to our clients: